OPEN CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
ENTRY FOR VAFT 2019 HAS ENDED
Video Art Festival Turku (VAFT) is an international video art festival that will be held for the fourth time in May 2019. The festival is looking for video art works to be shown in different locations around Turku, Finland. The juror for VAFT 2019 is visual artist Hertta Kiiski. A pre-selection of the works will be made by the board of Ääriö ry, the association behind the festival.
For VAFT, video art means all kinds of content in the form of moving images. This year the concept of open call is extended even further: it is possible to apply with a finished work, draft or an audio-visual workshop concept.
Artists from all over the globe are welcome to participate. The call for submissions is open for everyone, regardless of artistic education or merits. What counts is the artistic value of the artwork itself. If you think your artwork is good, submit it!
VAFT 2019 will be accepting submissions for entry during 1–31 October 2018.
VAFT reserves the right to invite artists to the festival without application.
GUIDELINES FOR ARTISTS:
- To submit your application, please fill out this Google Form (entry has ended). A link to your work must be included in the form. (You should receive a copy of your submission to your email automatically. If you have not received a copy of your entry form within a few hours, please re-fill and send the form again.)
- You may only submit one (1) work.
- The artwork can be single- or multi-channelled. There is no limit for form, genre or duration. Alternatively, you may submit a proposal for other content, for example an artist talk, workshop or live performance.
- If your artwork is in a language other than Finnish or English, it needs to be subtitled in Finnish or English.
- For marketing purposes 1–2 still images of the art work are required. Share the images (.jpg or .png) for example via Dropbox or Google Drive by adding the download link in the entry form. Please make sure the images are high / print quality.
- The artist must hold full copyright to the work or have an agreement with all copyright holders to present the work at the festival. The artists retain all rights to their work. Ääriö ry only has the right to present the work at the Video Art Festival Turku on the 22nd to 26th of May 2019, unless agreed otherwise.
- No entry fee is required. VAFT does not commit to covering travel costs for artists.
The artists selected for the festival will be notified of acceptance via email by the end of February 2019. Please contact the organizers of the festival, the Ääriö ry board at entry[at]videoartfestivalturku.com with any questions.
We do a lot of collaboration within the field in Turku. We might contact you in case interesting opportunities and projects arise outside of VAFT.